Research Fellowships 2021-22
We are delighted to receive an overwhelming response to the CEPT Archives Research Fellowship Program 2021-22. Considering the responses and requests from applicants, we will now accept applications on a rolling basis from 15th November 2021 until 15th July 2022 for the 2021-22 cycle. The Fellowship will be awarded to four Fellows in a year.
The selected applicants from the first call for which the deadline was 24th October 2021, will receive an email by 31st October 2021.
CEPT Archives Research Fellowship Program 2021-22 aims to provide an opportunity for recent graduates to engage with the processes of curating the collections related to architecture, design, and cultural studies. The collections at the archives include works of eminent practitioners, academic materials acquired from CEPT University, and oral histories of scholars, designers, and planners.
The Fellowship is a three-month, full-time paid work and will be awarded to individuals with strong research skills and excellent spoken and written abilities. Unfortunately, the work cannot be carried out remotely. Selected candidates must be based in Ahmedabad or willing to relocate, and will work under the guidance of experienced academicians and experts at the CEPT Archives.
The selected candidates are expected to deliver the following during the time of their fellowship:
- Design and develop a print-ready catalogue for the written essay/(s)
- Assisting in activities involved in managing the Collections at the Archives
- Work on writing nuanced essay/(s) supported by the material from the designated Collection
At the end of three months, a review committee will assess the work. If the work is found to be unsatisfactory, a completion certificate will not be issued.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop), Microsoft Office, and Excel
- A keen sense of organization and time management
- Multitasking and systematic approach
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Good photography skills would be a bonus
Detailed Scope of Work for Fellows
- Meeting mentors every two weeks as per the scheduled date and time
- Developing a thematic underline for curation and essay
- Material arrangement from the designated collection based on the curatorial approach
- Digitizing the selected material from the collection if required
- Developing a design template for the catalogue/booklet
- The material used for reference should be organized in annotated folders and redundant copies should be removed from the system upon completion
- Providing annotated captions in not more than 50 words to the images used in catalogue and the essay
- Citations, reference styles should be followed as per the style guide provided during the start of the fellowship
- Submission of the essay
- Provide ready print file for the booklet
- CEPT Archives follows a strict plagiarism policy, if the written essay is found to be plagiarized the fellowship will be withdrawn
- Maintaining integrity and confidentiality while handling the archival material
- Developing not less than five social media creatives from the Collection
Fellowship applications must include the following:
- Cover Letter, not more than 350 words explaining out your interests and relevance of the Fellowship to your larger professional goal
- A Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Two References, including Name, Title, association to you, and email or phone number of the contact person
- A Transcript of your Degree/Diploma
- Two writing samples from recent Academic or Non-Academic work
Interested candidates can apply by filling this form.
The Fellows will be selected after a review of written assessment and interview and Fellows will be paid INR 15000/-per month as remuneration.
For any further queries please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org