Position: CEPT Archives is now looking for enthusiastic individuals to lead the various archival projects and see them till the end in the form of various outcomes. We also welcome proposals from research assistants to initiate a new archival collection based on their knowledge and interest, which will be subject to approval.
Type of Position: Project based appointments will be made for 2 full-time positions and 2 part-time positions. Projects will be assigned based on the commitment of the position and applicant’s experience.
Qualification: Master or Bachelor of Architecture/ Design/ Art/ History or other equivalent qualification in the field of design. Academic or work experience in the field of furniture is mandatory. Experience in the related fields and other research work, will be an added advantage.
Roles & Responsibilities: The researcher will be involved in and will be responsible for the various archival processes of the designated collection(s) under their purview. As part of the project he/she will be expected to conduct:
- Acquisitions and paper work
- Cataloguing and compilation of data
- Desk Research and communications
- Data dissemination on digital platforms
- Proposal writing and presentations Exhibitions/Publications
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop), Microsoft Office, AutoCad
- (willingness to learn and master the required software and skills)
- An excellent command over spoken and written English
- Research and fieldwork skills
- A keen sense of organization and good leadership qualities
- Multitasking and systematic approach
- Should be at ease with working as a team
- Knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi language
- Good photography skills will be a plus
To Apply: If you would like to be associated with CEPT Archives, please send us the below mentioned details, as a soft copy to email@example.com. Mention ‘Apply_Research Assistant_CEPT Archives_(your name)’ in the subject line.
- Detailed resume (not to exceed two pages)
- Work portfolio (inclusive of design and research samples)
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this job, type of position and salary expectation (350 words)
Please make sure all files are less than 25MB each and mention your name as a part of the file name. In event of any missing information, the application will be considered incomplete and not valid.
If shortlisted for this position, you may be invited for an interview. Travel costs are to be borne by the candidate.
Ph: +91 -79 - 26448802 (Ext: 105)